Fragrant Ribbonwood x 10
Plagianthus divaricatus - Fragrant Ribbonwood or Salt Marsh Ribbonwood forms a spreading deciduous bushy shrub that grows very fast and is tough enough to grow virtually any where in New Zealand. It occurs naturally in salt marsh along the coast so is resilient to coastal conditions, but seems to do equally as well inland, and alpine situations whether damp or dry.
The dense and twiggy tangled growth forms a medium rounded shrub, with small dark green leaves. In spring it produces masses of small white flowers that are deliciously fragrant with a strong vanilla scent. The flowers are followed by berries that are attractive to native birds.
Fragrant Ribbonwood loves being clipped and can be easily shaped into a small, medium or large hedge or sculpted bush. The fine branches and foliage means it can be cut back hard at any time of year and will reward you with a beautifully shaped bush or hedge very quickly.
Fragrant Ribbonwood is a great establishment plant for shelter especially in difficult situations. We have seen this growing happily along the coast, in swamps, on dry plains and in the mountains.
- Clip for a hedge 50cm - 1.5m
- Untrimmed for shelter or screen 2m
- Shade - Full sun
- Grows in wet or dry climates.
- Damp or swampy situations
- Tolerates wind and coastal exposure
- Frost hardy
- Very hardy
- Semi - deciduous
See pictures of example plants for sale next to the ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (carton holds 50 plants this size) - see shipping info here
* Free shipping vouchers and other offers do not apply
* Save price indicates savings over purchasing individually
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
We Also Recommend