500x Riparian Combo - $3.29 each
500x well grown NZ Natives suitable for sorting your riparian or water margin plantings with a minimum of fuss. All have been chosen for their toughness, fast growth and ability to tolerate a wide range of harsh conditions.
Plant North side of stream so plants shade the stream. The pack is perfect for riparian plantings on any water margins or marginal strip. Suitable for river or stream side, wetlands, duck pond, gulleys or any wet area of the farm. Would also be suitable for mixed shelter, lanes, roadside, turn around etc. Suitable for any farm plantings or native restoration projects you want to sort quickly and easily.
The pack is made up as follows:
- 50x Lemonwood - Pittosporum Eugenoides - Excellent larger growing shrub with large yellow green leaves. Fast growing and extremely adaptable to a wide range of soil and conditions, making it perfect for quickly establishing shelter. Very attractive to birds. Mature Height up to 5m, but clip at any height.
50x Fragrant Ribbonwood - Plagianthus divaricatus - or Salt Marsh Ribbonwood forms a spreading deciduous bushy shrub that grows very fast and is tough enough to grow virtually any where in New Zealand. It occurs naturally in salt marsh along the coast so is resilient to coastal conditions, but seems to do equally as well inland, and alpine situations whether damp or dry.
50x Ribbonwood - Plagianthus Regius - A tall growing column tree with strong upward growth. It has a light airey appearance and forms strong vertical structure. A 'must have' for establishing new native garden, extremely fast growing and particularly useful for quickly establishing shelter. Withstands strong winds, tolerates wide range of conditions. Ideal in shelter belt. Mature Height 10m
50x Sscented Tree Daisy - Olearea Odorata - Small native shrub with itneresting interlacing divaricating branches. It has small light green leaves and produces masses of white, highly scented, daisy flowers. Very tough withstanding win, drought, alpine or coastal conditions. Mature height 2m x wdith 1m.
- 50x NZ Cabbage Tree - Cordyline Australis - A 'must have' NZ Tree with very distincitive strap like leaves, upright in the centre and drooping on the outside, formed into unusual heads on crooked branches. Very hardy native tree suitable for most conditions. Tolerant of wind, full sun and drought, wet/swampy conditions, frost once established. Excellent shelter in windswept, coastal or alpine areas (mix with flaxes). Mature Height 3-5m
50x Harakeke - NZ Flax - Phormium Tenax Green - One of New Zealand's most recognizable plants, a large growing green flax with upright habit. Large dramatic flower heads add interest and attract birds (Tuis and Bellbirds love it). Very hardy tolerating wind and cold conditions. Brilliant tough coastal, windy, farm or alpine shelter. Mature Height 1.5m x width 1.5 m
- 200x South Island Toetoe - Cortaderia Richardii - Large growing and distinctive grass that forms a large clump of tough foliage and majestic flower spikes up to 3m tall. Very tough, hardy and fast growing withstanding strong winds, cold conditions, drought and coastal conditions. Height 1.5m x width 1.5m
These are our standard size in 7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 8 cartons for shipping) - see shipping info here
* For delivery to school on designated days only
* Checkout with Credit Card or Bank Transfer (No Farmlands or Afterpay on fundraisers)
* Rebate paid to school
Riparian combo deal
We Also Recommend