500x Bird Lovers Combo - $3.99 each
Listing is for 500x NZ Native trees and shrubs suitable for attracting, feeding and sheltering native birds. Coprosma feature strongly as the berries are a favorite of birds and having several varieties promotes a longer feeding season. Also featureing other bird favorites considered essential for attracting and feeding the birds. This pack would also be great to revitalise and enhance riparian strips, or plant as a tough and colour mixed native shelter belt or native shrubbery.
The pack is made as follows:
- 100x Kohuhu - Pittosporum Tenuifolium - Fast growing and extremely adaptable shrub that is both ornamental and suitable for shelter hedging or feature. Good form, dense foliage and fragrant flowers make Pittosporums a well loved favorite. Adaptable to a wide range of soil and conditions. Mature height 3-5m
- 100x Mountain Lacebark - Hoheria glabrata - A fast growing and attractive alpine tree that is one of the few decidous native trees. Very suitable for shelter and regeneration. Attractive to birds and bees. Produces masses of beautiful white flowers in late summer. Mature Height 10m.
- 50x NZ Cabbage Tree - Cordyline Australis - A 'must have' NZ Tree with very distincitive strap like leaves, upright in the centre and drooping on the outside, formed into unusual heads on crooked branches. Very hardy native tree suitable for most conditions. Tolerant of wind, full sun and drought, wet/swampy conditions, frost once established. Excellent shelter in windswept, coastal or alpine areas (mix with flaxes). Mature Height 3-5m
100x Mingi Mingi - Coprosma Virescens - A very attractive tangled shrub, with divaricating form and insignificant leaves, the main feature is the beauty of the branches that have an overall coppery glow. Very tough, suitable as specimen, groups, or hedging with a difference.These are our standard size in 7cm square pots.
- 50x Harakeke - Phormium Tenax Green - NZ Flax - One of New Zealand's most recognizable plants, a large growing green flax with upright habit. Large dramatic flower heads add interest and attract birds (Tuis and Bellbirds love it). Very hardy tolerating wind and cold conditions. Brilliant tough coastal, windy, farm or alpine shelter. Mature Height 1.5m x width 1.5 m
- 100x Karamu - Coprosma Robusta - A hardy and fast growing shrub. Has large deep green oblong leaves and produces orange berries which are very attractive to native birds. Excellent for establishment and revegetation projects, especially hardy and fast growing in coastal and tough situations. Very attractive to birds, great for feeding native birds, and excellent for chicken to graze on. Mature Height 3m x Width 1.5m
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 10 cartons for shipping) - see shipping info here
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
Free local shipping to Balclutha, Kaitangata, Milton, Mosgiel, Brighton, Dunedin, Oamaru, Palmerston, Queenstown, Cromwell, Arrowtown, Wanaka, Alexandra, Te Anau, Gore, Lumsden, Mataura, Winton, Tuatapere Invercargill, Bluff, Edendale, Ohai, Nightcaps, Wyndham, Otautau, Riverton, Wallacetown (urban only, orders over $99)
We Also Recommend