75x Pond & Stream Combo - $5.69 each
75x well grown NZ Natives suitable for sorting your riparian or water margin plantings with a minimum of fuss. All have been chosen for their toughness, fast growth and ability to tolerate a wide range of harsh conditions.
Plant North side of stream so plants shade the stream. The pack is perfect for riparian plantings on any water margins or marginal strip. Suitable for river or stream side, wetlands, duck pond, gulleys or any wet area of the farm. Would also be suitable for mixed shelter, lanes, roadside, turn around etc. Suitable for any farm plantings or native restoration projects you want to sort quickly and easily.
The pack is made up as follows:
- 5x Coprosma Greyii - A tough colourful and interesting alpine shrub with grey green foliage, and an interesting angular growth form. It's semi sprawling habit makes it an excellent choice for filling a large area, or covering a bank or hill with dense shrubbery. Bears berries that are very attractive to birds. Can be clipped into an interesting hedge or allowed to grow freely will become a dense medium sized shrub. Withstands harsh conditions, poor soil, wind and dry conditions. Mature Height 2m x Width 2m but clip at any size for hedge.
5x Olearia Solandri - Golden Tree Daisy - A nice shrub with small green-yellow leaves. It is good for fast-growing shelter and hedging in dry situations or exposed windy sites. Produces masses of small white flowers in late summer which have a vanilla scent. Very hardy. Mature Height 3m x Width 2m
- 5x Lacebark - Hoheria Populnea - very popular and fast growing native tree with serrated dark green leaves. Very attractive shelter or feature. Very hardy, fast growing and tolerant of a wide range of conditions. Produces masses of white flowers. Height 6 metres x Width 3m
- 5x Mingi Mingi - Coprosma Propinqua X - - Stiff bushy shrub, with very small leaves, and interesting divaricating interlacing dark branches. Produces masses of blue/white berries that are very attactive to birds. Very tough withstanding strong winds, cold conditions, coastal and alpine. Height 2m x Width 80cm
5x Mountain Flax - Phormium Cookianum (large grade 9cm pot) - A beautiful medium growing flax with drooping habit and lush green foliage. Large dramatic flower heads add interest and attract birds. Very tough and hardy suitable for farm shelter, alpine, cold, coastal, and windy conditions. Height 1.2m x width 1.5 m
- 25x Giant Rush - Juncus pallidus - strong fast growing tall rush, forming dense clumps of pale blue green foliagewell suited to larger scale plantings in wetlands and riparian areas, great establishment and regeneration plant. Mature height 1m x width 50cm
- 25x Carex Secta - Forms large tussocks of drooping dark green leaves. Best suited in waterside or swampy soil, does well in any moist position, either full sun or semi shade. Incredibly fast growing. Perfect for streamside, marginal strips, riparian plantings, turn arounds, lanes etc on dairy and other farms. Mature Height 1m x Width 1m.
These are our standard size in 7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 1 carton for shipping) - see shipping info here
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
Free local shipping to Balclutha, Kaitangata, Milton, Mosgiel, Brighton, Dunedin, Oamaru, Palmerston, Queenstown, Cromwell, Arrowtown, Wanaka, Alexandra, Te Anau, Gore, Lumsden, Mataura, Winton, Tuatapere Invercargill, Bluff, Edendale, Ohai, Nightcaps, Wyndham, Otautau, Riverton, Wallacetown (urban only, orders over $99)
Riparian, Pond, Stream, Wetland
Riparian combo deal
We Also Recommend