80x Waterway Combo - $4.11 each
80x well grown NZ Natives suitable for sorting your riparian or water margin plantings with a minimum of fuss. All have been chosen for their toughness, fast growth and ability to tolerate a wide range of harsh conditions.
Plant North side of stream so plants shade the stream. The pack is perfect for riparian plantings on any water margins or marginal strip. Suitable for river or stream side, wetlands, duck pond, gulleys or any wet area of the farm. Would also be suitable for mixed shelter, lanes, roadside, turn around etc. Suitable for any farm plantings or native restoration projects you want to sort quickly and easily.
The pack is made up as follows:
- 10x Mingi Mingi - Coprosma propinqua - Stiff bushy shrub, with very small leaves, and interesting divaricating interlacing dark branches. Produces masses of blue/white berries that are very attactive to birds. Very tough withstanding strong winds, cold conditions, coastal and alpine. Important plant in environmental and restoration plantings. Height 2m x Width 80cm
- 10x Shore Flax -Wharariki - Phormium Cookianum - A beautiful medium growing flax with drooping habit and lush green foliage. Large dramatic flower heads add interest and attract birds. Very tough and hardy suitable for farm shelter, alpine, cold, coastal, and windy conditions. Height 1.2m x width 1.5 m
- 10x Cabbage Tree - Cordyline australis -A 'must have' NZ Tree with very distincitive strap like leaves, upright in the centre and drooping on the outside, formed into unusual heads on crooked branches. Very hardy native tree suitable for most conditions. Tolerant of wind, full sun and drought, wet/swampy conditions, frost once established. Excellent shelter in windswept, coastal or alpine areas (mix with flaxes). Mature Height 3-5m
- 10x Kohuhu - Pittosproum tenuifolium - Fast growing and extremely adaptable shrub that is tough and resiliant. Dense foliage and fragrant flowers make Pittosporums a well loved favorite. Adaptable to a wide range of soil and conditions. Great for farm plantings, establishment and restoration. Mature height 3-5m (but clip at any height) Plant 80cm - 1m apart for hedging or 1.5-3m apart for shelter belt.
- 20x NZ Rush - Juncus edgariae - A common rush throughout New Zealand. Although it is especially suited to damp or swampy situations, it is very tough and will grow and look good virtually anwyhere. It forms tight clumps with bright green stems and has interesting seed heads. It is especially useful for wet areas and revegetation of wetlands, around ponds and waterways, and extremely good for any tough situation. Mature height 1m x width 60cm.
- 20x Green tussock - Carex Dipsacea - Very resiliant green tussock grass with wide narrow dark green leaves. Very reisliant thriving in coastal to subalpine situations, from wet to dry. Mature Height 70cm.
These are our standard size in 5-7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 1 carton for shipping) - see shipping info here
* Free shipping vouchers and other offers do not apply
* Save price indicates savings over purchasing individually
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
Riparian, Pond, Stream, Wetland
Riparian combo deal
We Also Recommend