1000x Tough as Nails - $3.99 each
Wondering what to plant in your dry, windswept, ghastly spot in the garden? Or, just looking for tough natives that are easycare and will look great as a hedge, shelter belt or screen in any challenging conditions? This is the pack for you. A mix of tough natives that will thrive in almost any conditions, will look great with minimal care and will withstand a battering from the elements.
- 200x Mountain Ake Ake - Olearia Avicenniafolia - An attractive shrub or small tree with large thick shiny leaves, green on top and white underneath. Produces masses of small daisy-like flowers. Mature Height 3m x Width 2m
- 200x Yellow Stemmed Coprosma - Coprosma Virescens - Mingi Mingi - A very attractive tangled shrub, with divaricating form and insignificant leaves, the main feature is the beauty of the branches that have an overall coppery glow. Very tough, suitable as specimen, groups, or hedging with a difference.
- 200x Twiggy Tree Daisy - Olearia dartonii - Olearia lineata dartonii - Twiggy Tree Daisy is an interesting and unusual shrub that is perfectly suited for planting in any challenging climate. Olearias, or 'Tree Daisies' as they are known, are generally suited to windy, coastal, drought prone and alpine locations. This ability to withstand a truly adverse range of conditions make them a wonderful group of trees and shrubs to plant in tough condiitons. Mature height 3m x width 2m
200x Ribbonwood - Plagianthus Regius - A tall growing column tree with strong upward growth. It has a light airey appearance and forms strong vertical structure. A 'must have' for establishing new native garden, extremely fast growing and particularly useful for quickly establishing shelter. Withstands strong winds, tolerates wide range of conditions. Ideal in shelter belt. Mature Height 10m
- 200x Chatham Island Ake Ake - Olearia Traversii - is a very tough and hardy shrubby tree. Being part of the Olearia family Chatham Island Ake Ake is especially suited for a range of tough conditions such as coastal plantings, alpine situations and anywhere that experiences drought and strong wind. It has bright green leaves, with white underside. The new stems are also white giving the overall shrub a bright light colour. The foliage is tough and leathery, ideal for tolerating strong winds.
Suitable for Coastal, Alpine, or anything between. Dry, windy, hot, poor soil, these plants will take a beating! Note. All plants will need care when getting established, ie. they will need water and protection to establish, but once established they will be tough as nails!
These are our standard size in 7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 1 carton for shipping) - see shipping info here
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
FREE LOCAL SHIPPING TO BALCLUTHA, KAITANGATA, MILTON, MOSGIEL, BRIGHTON, DUNEDIN, OAMARU, PALMERSTON, QUEENSTOWN, CROMWELL, ARROWTOWN, WANAKA, ALEXANDRA, TE ANAU, GORE, LUMSDEN, MATAURA, WINTON, TUATAPERE INVERCARGILL, BLUFF, EDENDALE, OHAI, NIGHTCAPS, WYNDHAM, OTAUTAU, RIVERTON, WALLACETOWN (URBAN ONLY, ORDERS OVER $99)
Very sutiable for Central Otago, Queenstown, Wanaka, Hawea, Roxburgh, Cromwell, Alexandra, Mackenzie Country, Twizel, Omarama, Tekapo, Arthurs Pass, Lewis Pass, Hanmer, Methven, Mid Canterbury, Geraldine, Mountains, Central Plateau, Rotorua, Ohakune
We Also Recommend