1000x Riparian Combo - $3.99 each
1000x well grown NZ Natives suitable for sorting your riparian or water margin plantings with a minimum of fuss. All have been chosen for their toughness, fast growth and ability to tolerate a wide range of harsh conditions.
Plant North side of stream so plants shade the stream. The pack is perfect for riparian plantings on any water margins or marginal strip. Suitable for river or stream side, wetlands, duck pond, gulleys or any wet area of the farm. Would also be suitable for mixed shelter, lanes, roadside, turn around etc. Suitable for any farm plantings or native restoration projects you want to sort quickly and easily.
The pack is made up as follows:
- 100x NZ Cabbage Tree - Cordyline Australis - A 'must have' NZ Tree with very distincitive strap like leaves, upright in the centre and drooping on the outside, formed into unusual heads on crooked branches. Very hardy native tree suitable for most conditions. Tolerant of wind, full sun and drought, wet/swampy conditions, frost once established. Excellent shelter in windswept, coastal or alpine areas (mix with flaxes). Mature Height 3-5m
50x Yellow Stemmed Coprosma - Coprosma Virescens - Mingi Mingi - A very attractive tangled shrub, with divaricating form and insignificant leaves, the main feature is the beauty of the branches that have an overall coppery glow. Very tough, suitable as specimen, groups, or hedging with a difference.
- 100x Chatham Island Ake Ake - Olearia traversii - Chatham Island Ake Ake is a very tough and hardy shrubby tree. Being part of the Olearia family Chatham Island Ake Ake is especially suited for a range of tough conditions such as coastal plantings, alpine situations and anywhere that experiences drought and strong wind. It has bright green leaves, with white underside. The new stems are also white giving the overall shrub a bright light colour. The foliage is tough and leathery, ideal for tolerating strong winds. Mature height 5m x width 3m
- 100x Sand Coprosma - Coprosma Acerosa - A groundcover Coprosma found naturally near the coast throughout New Zealand. It forms a tight tangled mound of brown foliage. An excellent hardy plant for dry, coastal or alpine conditions. Mature Height 30cm x Width 1.2m
- 50x Mountain Lacebark -Hoheria glabrata - A fast growing and attractive alpine tree that is one of the few decidous native trees. Very suitable for shelter and regeneration. Attractive to birds and bees. Produces masses of beautiful white flowers in late summer. Mature Height 10m.
- 300x NZ Rush - Juncus edgariae - A common rush throughout New Zealand. Although it is especially suited to damp or swampy situations, it is very tough and will grow and look good virtually anwyhere. It forms tight clumps with bright green stems and has interesting seed heads. It is especially useful for wet areas and revegetation of wetlands, around ponds and waterways, and extremely good for any tough situation. Mature height 1m x width 60cm.
300x Carex Secta - Forms large tussocks of drooping dark green leaves. Best suited in waterside or swampy soil, does well in any moist position, either full sun or semi shade. Incredibly fast growing. Perfect for streamside, marginal strips, riparian plantings, turn arounds, lanes etc on dairy and other farms. Mature Height 1m x Width 1m.
These are our standard size in 7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 14 cartons for shipping) - see shipping info here
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
Free local shipping to Balclutha, Kaitangata, Milton, Mosgiel, Brighton, Dunedin, Oamaru, Palmerston, Queenstown, Cromwell, Arrowtown, Wanaka, Alexandra, Te Anau, Gore, Lumsden, Mataura, Winton, Tuatapere Invercargill, Bluff, Edendale, Ohai, Nightcaps, Wyndham, Otautau, Riverton, Wallacetown (urban only, orders over $99)
Riparian, Pond, Stream, Wetland
Riparian Combo deal
We Also Recommend