1000x Riparian Combo - $4.99 each
1000x well grown NZ Natives suitable for sorting your riparian or water margin plantings with a minimum of fuss. All have been chosen for their toughness, fast growth and ability to tolerate a wide range of harsh conditions.
Plant North side of stream so plants shade the stream. The pack is perfect for riparian plantings on any water margins or marginal strip. Suitable for river or stream side, wetlands, duck pond, gulleys or any wet area of the farm. Would also be suitable for mixed shelter, lanes, roadside, turn around etc. Suitable for any farm plantings or native restoration projects you want to sort quickly and easily.
The pack is made up as follows:
- 50x Pittosporum Tenuifolium - Kohuhu or Black Matipo - Fast growing and extremely adaptable shrub that is both ornamental and suitable for shelter hedging or feature. Good form, dense foliage and fragrant flowers make Pittosporums a well loved favorite. Adaptable to a wide range of soil and conditions. Mature height 3-5m (but clip at any height) Plant 80cm - 1m apart for hedging or 1.5-3m apart for shelter belt.
- 50x Corokia Red Wonder - Attractive medium sized colourful shrub with dark green coloured leaves and silvery undersides, contrasting with dark stems. Outstanding colour. Bears masses of red berries very attractive to birds. Hardy, withstanding most conditions. Suitable screen, shelter, hedge or feature. Mature height 2 - 3m
- 50x Coprosma Greyii - A tough colourful and interesting alpine shrub with grey green foliage, and an interesting angular growth form. It's semi sprawling habit makes it an excellent choice for filling a large area, or covering a bank or hill with dense shrubbery. Bears berries that are very attractive to birds. Can be clipped into an interesting hedge or allowed to grow freely will become a dense medium sized shrub. Withstands harsh conditions, poor soil, wind and dry conditions. Mature Height 2m x Width 2m but clip at any size for hedge.
- 100x Lacebark - Hoheria Populnea - very popular and fast growing native tree with serrated dark green leaves. Very attractive shelter or feature. Very hardy, fast growing and tolerant of a wide range of conditions. Produces masses of white flowers. Height 6 metres x Width 3m
- 100x Mingi Mingi - Coprosma Propinqua X - - Stiff bushy shrub, with very small leaves, and interesting divaricating interlacing dark branches. Produces masses of blue/white berries that are very attactive to birds. Very tough withstanding strong winds, cold conditions, coastal and alpine. Height 2m x Width 80cm
50x Mountain Flax - Phormium Cookianum (large grade 9cm pot) - A beautiful medium growing flax with drooping habit and lush green foliage. Large dramatic flower heads add interest and attract birds. Very tough and hardy suitable for farm shelter, alpine, cold, coastal, and windy conditions. Height 1.2m x width 1.5 m
- 300x Giant Rush - Juncus pallidus - strong fast growing tall rush, forming dense clumps of pale blue green foliagewell suited to larger scale plantings in wetlands and riparian areas, great establishment and regeneration plant. Mature height 1m x width 50cm
- 300x Carex Secta - Forms large tussocks of drooping dark green leaves. Best suited in waterside or swampy soil, does well in any moist position, either full sun or semi shade. Incredibly fast growing. Perfect for streamside, marginal strips, riparian plantings, turn arounds, lanes etc on dairy and other farms. Mature Height 1m x Width 1m.
These are our standard size in 7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 14 cartons for shipping) - see shipping info here
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
Free local shipping to Balclutha, Kaitangata, Milton, Mosgiel, Brighton, Dunedin, Oamaru, Palmerston, Queenstown, Cromwell, Arrowtown, Wanaka, Alexandra, Te Anau, Gore, Lumsden, Mataura, Winton, Tuatapere Invercargill, Bluff, Edendale, Ohai, Nightcaps, Wyndham, Otautau, Riverton, Wallacetown (urban only, orders over $99)
Riparian, Pond, Stream, Wetlands
Meets criteria for billion trees program/Government funding
Riparian Combo deal
We Also Recommend