50x Bird Lovers Combo - $4.49 each
A mix of NZ Native trees and shrubs suitable for attracting, feeding and sheltering native birds. Strongly featuring plants that produce berries and seeds making them favorites of native birds. This pack would also be great to revitalise and enhance riparian strips, or plant as a tough and colour mixed native shelter belt or native shrubbery.
The pack is made as follows:
10x Ribbonwood - Plagianthus Regius - A tall growing column tree with strong upward growth. It has a light airey appearance and forms strong vertical structure. A 'must have' for establishing new native garden, extremely fast growing and particularly useful for quickly establishing shelter. Withstands strong winds, tolerates wide range of conditions. Ideal in shelter belt. Mature Height 10m
- 10x Dodonea Viscosa Purple - Purple Ake Ake - is a stunning NZ native feature tree or hedge. The colour is a deep dark maroon purple. The colour varies depending on climate, soil type and conditions. It seems to thrive in poor conditions, producing some of it's best colouring in poor soil and dry conditions. A beautiful tree. Mature height 7m
- 10x NZ Cabbage Tree - Cordyline Australis - A 'must have' NZ Tree with very distincitive strap like leaves, upright in the centre and drooping on the outside, formed into unusual heads on crooked branches. Very hardy native tree suitable for most conditions. Tolerant of wind, full sun and drought, wet/swampy conditions, frost once established. Excellent shelter in windswept, coastal or alpine areas (mix with flaxes). Mature Height 3-5m
- 10x Scrambling Coprosma - Coprosma Brunnea - A hardy, wiry shrubby groundcover that is very tough and suitable for harsh conditions. Dense and bushy, attractive chocolate brown coloured foliage, grows tight and covers well. Ideal for trimming. Looks great mass planted on banks and swales, or sprawling down steep hill faces. Bright blue berries in autumn. Suitable from alpine to coast. Mature height 50cm x width 1.5m.
- 10x Scented Tree Daisy - Olearea Odorata - Small native shrub with itneresting interlacing divaricating branches. It has small light green leaves and produces masses of white, highly scented, daisy flowers. Very tough withstanding win, drought, alpine or coastal conditions. Mature height 2m x wdith 1m
These are our standard size in 7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 1 carton for shipping) - see shipping info here
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
We Also Recommend