25x Tough & Twisted Combo - $5.99 each
This pack embraces New Zealand plants that are unconventional, different and very cool and showcases a look that is uniqely New Zealand while at the same is amoungst the toughest selection of plants you could possible plant.
A selection of the toughest natives around, chosen for their toughness and ability to withstand most conditons. Not only is this selection tough as nails, it will also look amazing with the very strong textures, colours and forms that come from being such tough plants. Contains several 'twisted' varieties of divaricating shrubs that are trending now in designer gardens. These will look amazing at your place, and they will last the conditions.
These plants are essentials for any alpine garden, not only for survival but to maintain the uniqueness of our alpine environment. Also very suitable for coastal, cold, windy, poor soil and dry gardens. Very suitable for modern landscapes.
The pack is made as follows:
- 5x Shrubby Tororaro - Muelenbeckia Astonii - Distinctive and unique bush. It is leafless in winter. It has a great number of fine reddish brown to reddish orange branches that zigzag with one another to form a dense ball. It has very small heart-shaped leaves (only a few millimetres) that grow in clusters of 2 or 3, or alternate along the longer branchlets. Very nice. Mature Height 1.5m x Width 1.5m
- 5x Twiggy Tree Daisy - Olearia lineata dartonii - is an interesting and unusual shrub that is perfectly suited for planting in any challenging climate. Olearias, or 'Tree Daisies' as they are known, are generally suited to windy, coastal, drought prone and alpine locations. This ability to withstand a truly adverse range of conditions make them a wonderful group of trees and shrubs to plant in tough condiitons. Mature Height 5m
- 5x Purple Coprosma - Coprosma cunninghamii - A tough and hardy shrub with bold bronze purple colouring and vigourous growth. This shrub will thrive in most conditions and grows very quickly making it useful for establishing a hedge or shelter quickly. Bears berries attractive to birds. Can be clipped into an interesting hedge or allowed to grow freely will become a dense medium sized shrub. Withstands harsh conditions, poor soil, wind and dry conditions.
- 5x Corokia Red Wonder - Attractive medium sized colourful shrub with dark green coloured leaves and silvery undersides, contrasting with dark stems. Outstanding colour. Bears masses of red berries very attractive to birds. Hardy, withstanding most conditions. Suitable screen, shelter, hedge or feature. Mature height 2 - 3m
5x Coprosma Lobster - A tough colourful and interesting alpine shrub with very tangled bright orange new growth. Bears berries attractive to birds. Can be clipped into an interesting hedge or allowed to grow freely will become a medium sized shrub.
These are our standard size in 7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (carton holds 50 plants this size) - see shipping info here
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
Very sutiable for Central Otago, Queenstown, Wanaka, Hawea, Roxburgh, Cromwell, Alexandra, Mackenzie Country, Twizel, Omarama, Tekapo, Arthurs Pass, Lewis Pass, Hanmer, Methven, Mid Canterbury, Geraldine, Mountains, Central Plateau, Rotorua, Ohakune
We Also Recommend