1000x Riparian Combo - $2.99 each
1000x well grown NZ Natives suitable for sorting your riparian or water margin plantings with a minimum of fuss. All have been chosen for their toughness, fast growth and ability to tolerate a wide range of harsh conditions.
Plant North side of stream so plants shade the stream. The pack is perfect for riparian plantings on any water margins or marginal strip. Suitable for river or stream side, wetlands, duck pond, gulleys or any wet area of the farm. Would also be suitable for mixed shelter, lanes, roadside, turn around etc. Suitable for any farm plantings or native restoration projects you want to sort quickly and easily.
The pack is made up as follows:
100x Ribbonwood - Plagianthus Regius - A tall growing column tree with strong upward growth. It has a light airey appearance and forms strong vertical structure. A 'must have' for establishing new native garden, extremely fast growing and particularly useful for quickly establishing shelter. Withstands strong winds, tolerates wide range of conditions. Ideal in shelter belt. Mature Height 10m
- 100x Lacebark - Hoheria Populnea - very popular and fast growing native tree with serrated dark green leaves. Very attractive shelter or feature. Very hardy, fast growing and tolerant of a wide range of conditions. Produces masses of white flowers. Height 6 metres x Width 3m
- 100x NZ Manuka - Leptospermum Scoparium - A very tough yet beautiful Manuka that has an amazing fragrance and masses of white flowers. Able to withstand most conditions and very easy care. An excellent garden plant often used for screening and hedging. Mature Height 3-4m
100x Mountain Ake Ake - Olearia Avicenniafolia - An attractive shrub or small tree with large thick shiny leaves, green on top and white underneath, forms a nice rounded shrub. Produces masses of small daisy-like flowers in spring that have a wonderful vanilla scent. Very tough and hardy, suitable for dry, alpine and tough conditions. Ideal hedge, screen or shelter belt. Mature Height 3m x Width 2m
100x Pittosporum Tenuifolium - Kohuhu or Black Matipo - Fast growing and extremely adaptable shrub that is both ornamental and suitable for shelter hedging or feature. Good form, dense foliage and fragrant flowers make Pittosporums a well loved favorite. Adaptable to a wide range of soil and conditions. Mature height 3-5m (but clip at any height) Plant 80cm - 1m apart for hedging or 1.5-3m apart for shelter belt.
- 300x Toe Toe - Austroderia richardii - South Island Toetoe - Large growing and distinctive tussock that forms a large clump of tough foliage and majestic flower spikes up to 3m tall. Very tough, hardy and fast growing withstanding strong winds, cold conditions, drought and coastal conditions.
- 200x Giant Rush - Juncus pallidus - strong fast growing tall rush, forming dense clumps of pale blue green foliagewell suited to larger scale plantings in wetlands and riparian areas, great establishment and regeneration plant. Mature height 1m x width 50cm
These are our standard size in 7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 14 cartons for shipping) - see shipping info here
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
Free local shipping to Balclutha, Kaitangata, Milton, Mosgiel, Brighton, Dunedin, Oamaru, Palmerston, Queenstown, Cromwell, Arrowtown, Wanaka, Alexandra, Te Anau, Gore, Lumsden, Mataura, Winton, Tuatapere Invercargill, Bluff, Edendale, Ohai, Nightcaps, Wyndham, Otautau, Riverton, Wallacetown (urban only, orders over $99)
Riparian, Pond, Stream, Wetlands
Meets criteria for billion trees program/Government funding
Riparian Combo deal
We Also Recommend