50x Tough & Twisted Combo - $6.29 each
This pack embraces New Zealand plants that are unconventional, different and very cool and showcases a look that is uniqely New Zealand while at the same is amoungst the toughest selection of plants you could possible plant.
A selection of the toughest natives around, chosen for their toughness and ability to withstand most conditons. Not only is this selection tough as nails, it will also look amazing with the very strong textures, colours and forms that come from being such tough plants. Contains several 'twisted' varieties of divaricating shrubs that are trending now in designer gardens. These will look amazing at your place, and they will last the conditions.
These plants are essentials for any alpine garden, not only for survival but to maintain the uniqueness of our alpine environment. Also very suitable for coastal, cold, windy, poor soil and dry gardens. Very suitable for modern landscapes.
The pack is made as follows:
- 10x Shrubby Tororaro - Muelenbeckia Astonii - Distinctive and unique bush. It is leafless in winter. It has a great number of fine reddish brown to reddish orange branches that zigzag with one another to form a dense ball. It has very small heart-shaped leaves (only a few millimetres) that grow in clusters of 2 or 3, or alternate along the longer branchlets. Very nice. Mature Height 1.5m x Width 1.5m
- 10x Coin Leaved Bush Daisy - Olearia Nummularifolia - A very different tree daisy that dense twiggy growth and small spoon shaped yellowish green leaves, with buff undersides. It is a tough subalpine shrub, happy in dry open situations, perfect for an interesting low maintenance tough hedge. Mature h 1.5 m x w 1m
- 10x Golden Tree Daisy - Olearia Solandri - A nice shrub with small green-yellow leaves. It is good for fast-growing shelter and hedging in dry situations or exposed windy sites. Produces masses of small white flowers in late summer which have a vanilla scent. Very hardy. Mature Height 3m x Width 2m
- 10x Mingi Mingi - Coprosma Propinqua - Stiff bushy shrub, with very small leaves, and interesting divaricating interlacing dark branches. Produces masses of blue/white berries that are very attactive to birds. Very tough withstanding strong winds, cold conditions, coastal and alpine. Height 2m x Width 80cm
- 10x Corokia Geentys Ghost - One of the very popular and desirable Corokia due to vigourouss growth, but compact smaller growing, and easy care. Silver-dark green leaves, yellow star shaped flowers and red berries. Beautiful mass planted in a low growing shrubbery, or makes a lovely low growing or box hedge. Mature height 1.5m x width 1m
These are our standard size in 7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 1 carton for shipping) - see shipping info here
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
Free local shipping to Balclutha, Kaitangata, Milton, Mosgiel, Brighton, Dunedin, Oamaru, Palmerston, Queenstown, Cromwell, Arrowtown, Wanaka, Alexandra, Te Anau, Gore, Lumsden, Mataura, Winton, Tuatapere Invercargill, Bluff, Edendale, Ohai, Nightcaps, Wyndham, Otautau, Riverton, Wallacetown (urban only, orders over $99)
We Also Recommend