100x Bird Lovers Combo - $3.99 each
Listing is for 100x NZ Native trees and shrubs suitable for attracting, feeding and sheltering native birds. Coprosma feature strongly as the berries are a favorite of birds and having several varieties promotes a longer feeding season. Also featureing other bird favorites considered essential for attracting and feeding the birds. This pack would also be great to revitalise and enhance riparian strips, or plant as a tough and colour mixed native shelter belt or native shrubbery.
The pack is made as follows:
- 20x Kohuhu - Pittosporum Tenuifolium - Fast growing and extremely adaptable shrub that is both ornamental and suitable for shelter hedging or feature. Good form, dense foliage and fragrant flowers make Pittosporums a well loved favorite. Adaptable to a wide range of soil and conditions. Mature height 3-5m
- 20x NZ Cabbage Tree - Cordyline Australis - A 'must have' NZ Tree with very distincitive strap like leaves, upright in the centre and drooping on the outside, formed into unusual heads on crooked branches. Very hardy native tree suitable for most conditions. Tolerant of wind, full sun and drought, wet/swampy conditions, frost once established. Excellent shelter in windswept, coastal or alpine areas (mix with flaxes). Mature Height 3-5m
20x Coprosma Virescens - Mingi Mingi - A very attractive tangled shrub, with divaricating form and insignificant leaves, the main feature is the beauty of the branches that have an overall coppery glow. Very tough, suitable as specimen, groups, or hedging with a difference.
20x Karamu - Coprosma Robusta - A hardy and fast growing shrub. Has large deep green oblong leaves and produces orange berries which are very attractive to native birds. Excellent for establishment and revegetation projects, especially hardy and fast growing in coastal and tough situations. Very attractive to birds, great for feeding native birds, and excellent for chicken to graze on. Mature Height 3m x Width 1.5m
- 20x Ribbonwood - Plagianthus Regius - - A tall growing column tree with strong upward growth. It has a light airey appearance and forms strong vertical structure. A 'must have' for establishing new native garden, extremely fast growing and particularly useful for quickly establishing shelter. Withstands strong winds, tolerates wide range of conditions. Ideal in shelter belt. Mature Height 10mRibbonwood
20x Corokia Yellow Wonder - a medium sized native shrub with interesting colour and form. It is very tough and hardy, making it particularly suitable for conditions ranging from coast to alpine. Becomes covered in masses of yellow berries in summer, particularly attractive to native birds. Mature Height 3m x Width 2m
These are our standard size in 7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 2 cartons for shipping) - see shipping info here
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
Free local shipping to Balclutha, Kaitangata, Milton, Mosgiel, Brighton, Dunedin, Oamaru, Palmerston, Queenstown, Cromwell, Arrowtown, Wanaka, Alexandra, Te Anau, Gore, Lumsden, Mataura, Winton, Tuatapere Invercargill, Bluff, Edendale, Ohai, Nightcaps, Wyndham, Otautau, Riverton, Wallacetown (urban only, orders over $99)
We Also Recommend