100x Bird Lovers Combo - $3.99 each
A mix of NZ Native trees and shrubs suitable for attracting, feeding and sheltering native birds. Strongly featuring plants that produce berries and seeds making them favorites of native birds. This pack would also be great to revitalise and enhance riparian strips, or plant as a tough and colour mixed native shelter belt or native shrubbery.
The pack is made as follows:
- 20x Purple Ake Ake - Dodonea Viscosa Purple - is a stunning NZ native feature tree or hedge. The colour is a deep dark purple-red. The colour varies depending on climate, soil type and conditions. It seems to thrive in poor conditions, producing some of it's best colouring in poor soil and dry conditions. All the colour variations are spectacular from bright vivid red, to deep dark maroon-purple. Mature height 7m
- 20x NZ Cabbage Tree - Cordyline Australis - A 'must have' NZ Tree with very distincitive strap like leaves, upright in the centre and drooping on the outside, formed into unusual heads on crooked branches. Very hardy native tree suitable for most conditions. Tolerant of wind, full sun and drought, wet/swampy conditions, frost once established. Excellent shelter in windswept, coastal or alpine areas (mix with flaxes). Mature Height 3-5m
20x Kanuka - Kunzea Ericoides - Tea Tree - A slender fast growing scrubby tree that thrives in hard conditions, is light and airy and produces masses of flowers. Grows tall slender and erect making it suitable for fast growing shelter or establishment plantings. The long strips of loose, papery bark give it a gnarled old and interesting look. It has very small leaves that feel soft and silky when young giving it a very light appearance. Masses of small white flowers appear from September to February putting on a spectacular show and brightening up the shelter belt or home garden. Mature Height 4-5m.
- 20x Kohuhu - Pittosporum Tenuifolium - Black Matipo - Fast growing and extremely adaptable shrub that is both ornamental and suitable for shelter hedging or feature. Good form, dense foliage and fragrant flowers make Pittosporums a well loved favorite. Adaptable to a wide range of soil and conditions. Mature height 3-5m (but clip at any height) Plant 80cm - 1m apart for hedging or 1.5-3m apart for shelter belt.
20x Lemonwood - Pittosporum Eugenoides - Excellent larger growing shrub with large yellow green leaves. Fast growing and extremely adaptable to a wide range of soil and conditions, making it perfect for quickly establishing shelter. Very attractive to birds. Mature Height up to 5m, but clip at any height.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 2 cartons for shipping) - see shipping info here
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
We Also Recommend