200x Waterway Combo - $2.99 each
Well grown NZ Natives suitable for sorting your riparian or water margin plantings with a minimum of fuss. All have been chosen for their toughness, fast growth and ability to tolerate a wide range of harsh conditions.
Plant North side of stream so plants shade the stream. The pack is perfect for riparian plantings on any water margins or marginal strip. Suitable for river or stream side, wetlands, duck pond, gulleys or any wet area of the farm. Would also be suitable for mixed shelter, lanes, roadside, turn around etc. Suitable for any farm plantings or native restoration projects you want to sort quickly and easily.
The pack is made up as follows:
- 10x Lacebark - Hoheria Populnea - very popular and fast growing native tree with serrated dark green leaves. Very attractive shelter or feature. Very hardy, fast growing and tolerant of a wide range of conditions. Produces masses of white flowers. Height 6 metres x Width 3m
10x Ribbonwood - Plagianthus Regius - Ribbonwood - A tall growing column tree with strong upward growth. It has a light airey appearance and forms strong vertical structure. A 'must have' for establishing new native garden, extremely fast growing and particularly useful for quickly establishing shelter. Withstands strong winds, tolerates wide range of conditions. Ideal in shelter belt. Mature Height 10m
- 10x Twiggy Tree Daisy - Olearia lineata dartonii - is an interesting and unusual shrub that is perfectly suited for planting in any challenging climate. Olearias, or 'Tree Daisies' as they are known, are generally suited to windy, coastal, drought prone and alpine locations. This ability to withstand a truly adverse range of conditions make them a wonderful group of trees and shrubs to plant in tough condiitons. Mature Height 5m
- 10x Scented Tree Daisy - Olearea Odorata - Small native shrub with itneresting interlacing divaricating branches. It has small light green leaves and produces masses of white, highly scented, daisy flowers. Very tough withstanding win, drought, alpine or coastal conditions. Mature height 2m x wdith 1m.
- 10x NZ Cabbage Tree - Cordyline Australis - A 'must have' NZ Tree with very distincitive strap like leaves, upright in the centre and drooping on the outside, formed into unusual heads on crooked branches. Very hardy native tree suitable for most conditions. Tolerant of wind, full sun and drought, wet/swampy conditions, frost once established. Excellent shelter in windswept, coastal or alpine areas (mix with flaxes). Mature Height 3-5m
- 100x Toe Toe - Austroderia richardii - South Island Toetoe - Large growing and distinctive tussock that forms a large clump of tough foliage and majestic flower spikes up to 3m tall. Very tough, hardy and fast growing withstanding strong winds, cold conditions, drought and coastal conditions.
50x NZ Rush - Juncus edgariae - A common rush throughout New Zealand. Although it is especially suited to damp or swampy situations, it is very tough and will grow and look good virtually anwyhere. It forms tight clumps with bright green stems and has interesting seed heads. It is especially useful for wet areas and revegetation of wetlands, around ponds and waterways, and extremely good for any tough situation. Mature height 1m x width 60cm.
These are our standard size in 7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 3 cartons for shipping) - see shipping info here
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
Riparian, Pond, Stream, Wetland
Riparian combo deal
We Also Recommend