500x Riparian Combo - $3.39 each
500x well grown NZ Natives suitable for sorting your riparian or water margin plantings with a minimum of fuss. All have been chosen for their toughness, fast growth and ability to tolerate a wide range of harsh conditions.
Plant North side of stream so plants shade the stream. The pack is perfect for riparian plantings on any water margins or marginal strip. Suitable for river or stream side, wetlands, duck pond, gulleys or any wet area of the farm. Would also be suitable for mixed shelter, lanes, roadside, turn around etc. Suitable for any farm plantings or native restoration projects you want to sort quickly and easily.
The pack is made up as follows:
- 50x Ribbonwood - Plagianthus Regius - A tall growing column tree with strong upward growth. It has a light airey appearance and forms strong vertical structure. A 'must have' for establishing new native garden, extremely fast growing and particularly useful for quickly establishing shelter. Withstands strong winds, tolerates wide range of conditions. Ideal in shelter belt. Mature Height 10m
- 50x NZ Cabbage Tree - Cordyline Australis - A 'must have' NZ Tree with very distincitive strap like leaves, upright in the centre and drooping on the outside, formed into unusual heads on crooked branches. Very hardy native tree suitable for most conditions. Tolerant of wind, full sun and drought, wet/swampy conditions, frost once established. Excellent shelter in windswept, coastal or alpine areas (mix with flaxes). Mature Height 3-5m
- 25x Pittosporum Tenuifolium - Kohuhu or Black Matipo - Fast growing and extremely adaptable shrub that is both ornamental and suitable for shelter hedging or feature. Good form, dense foliage and fragrant flowers make Pittosporums a well loved favorite. Adaptable to a wide range of soil and conditions. Mature height 3-5m
- 50x Mingi Mingi - Coprosma Propinqua - Stiff bushy shrub, with very small leaves, and interesting divaricating interlacing dark branches. Produces masses of blue/white berries that are very attactive to birds. Very tough withstanding strong winds, cold conditions, coastal and alpine. Height 2m x Width 80cm
25x Harakeke - Phormium Tenax Green - NZ Flax - One of New Zealand's most recognizable plants, a large growing green flax with upright habit. Large dramatic flower heads add interest and attract birds (Tuis and Bellbirds love it). Very hardy tolerating wind and cold conditions. Brilliant tough coastal, windy, farm or alpine shelter. Mature Height 1.5m x width 1.5 m
- 150x Giant Rush - Juncus pallidus - strong fast growing tall rush, forming dense clumps of pale blue green foliagewell suited to larger scale plantings in wetlands and riparian areas, great establishment and regeneration plant. Mature height 1m x width 50cm
- 150x Carex Secta - Forms large tussocks of drooping dark green leaves. Best suited in waterside or swampy soil, does well in any moist position, either full sun or semi shade. Incredibly fast growing. Perfect for streamside, marginal strips, riparian plantings, turn arounds, lanes etc on dairy and other farms. Mature Height 1m x Width 1m.
These are our standard size in 7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 7 cartons for shipping) - see shipping info here
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
Free local shipping to Balclutha, Kaitangata, Milton, Mosgiel, Brighton, Dunedin, Oamaru, Palmerston, Queenstown, Cromwell, Arrowtown, Wanaka, Alexandra, Te Anau, Gore, Lumsden, Mataura, Winton, Tuatapere Invercargill, Bluff, Edendale, Ohai, Nightcaps, Wyndham, Otautau, Riverton, Wallacetown (urban only, orders over $99)
Riparian, Pond, Stream, Wetland
Riparian combo deal
We Also Recommend