500x Riparian Combo - $3.99 each
500x well grown NZ Natives suitable for sorting your riparian or water margin plantings with a minimum of fuss. All have been chosen for their toughness, fast growth and ability to tolerate a wide range of harsh conditions.
Plant North side of stream so plants shade the stream. The pack is perfect for riparian plantings on any water margins or marginal strip. Suitable for river or stream side, wetlands, duck pond, gulleys or any wet area of the farm. Would also be suitable for mixed shelter, lanes, roadside, turn around etc. Suitable for any farm plantings or native restoration projects you want to sort quickly and easily.
The pack is made up as follows:
- 50x Yellow Stemmed Coprosma - Coprosma Virescens - Mingi Mingi - A very attractive tangled shrub, with divaricating form and insignificant leaves, the main feature is the beauty of the branches that have an overall coppery glow. Very tough, suitable as specimen, groups, or hedging with a difference.
- 50x Mountain Lacebark - Hoheria glabrata - A fast growing and attractive alpine tree that is one of the few decidous native trees. Very suitable for shelter and regeneration. Attractive to birds and bees. Produces masses of beautiful white flowers in late summer. Mature Height 10m.
- 50x Twiggy Tree Daisy - Olearia dartonii - Olearia lineata dartonii - Twiggy Tree Daisy is an interesting and unusual shrub that is perfectly suited for planting in any challenging climate. Olearias, or 'Tree Daisies' as they are known, are generally suited to windy, coastal, drought prone and alpine locations. This ability to withstand a truly adverse range of conditions make them a wonderful group of trees and shrubs to plant in tough condiitons. Mature height 3m x width 2m
- 50x NZ Cabbage Tree - Cordyline Australis - A 'must have' NZ Tree with very distincitive strap like leaves, upright in the centre and drooping on the outside, formed into unusual heads on crooked branches. Very hardy native tree suitable for most conditions. Tolerant of wind, full sun and drought, wet/swampy conditions, frost once established. Excellent shelter in windswept, coastal or alpine areas (mix with flaxes). Mature Height 3-5m
- 150x Giant Rush - Juncus pallidus - strong fast growing tall rush, forming dense clumps of pale blue green foliagewell suited to larger scale plantings in wetlands and riparian areas, great establishment and regeneration plant. Mature height 1m x width 50cm
- 150x Carex Secta - Forms large tussocks of drooping dark green leaves. Best suited in waterside or swampy soil, does well in any moist position, either full sun or semi shade. Incredibly fast growing. Perfect for streamside, marginal strips, riparian plantings, turn arounds, lanes etc on dairy and other farms. Mature Height 1m x Width 1m.
These are our standard size in 7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 7 cartons for shipping) - see shipping info here
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
Free local shipping to Balclutha, Kaitangata, Milton, Mosgiel, Brighton, Dunedin, Oamaru, Palmerston, Queenstown, Cromwell, Arrowtown, Wanaka, Alexandra, Te Anau, Gore, Lumsden, Mataura, Winton, Tuatapere Invercargill, Bluff, Edendale, Ohai, Nightcaps, Wyndham, Otautau, Riverton, Wallacetown (urban only, orders over $99)
Riparian, Pond, Stream, Wetland
Riparian combo deal
We Also Recommend