100x Tough as Nails Combo - $4.19 each
Wondering what to plant in your dry, windswept, ghastly spot in the garden? Or, just looking for tough natives that are easycare and will look great as a hedge, shelter belt or screen in any challenging conditions? This is the pack for you. A mix of tough natives that will thrive in almost any conditions, will look great with minimal care and will withstand a battering from the elements.
This pack is made up of:
- 20x Lacebark - Hoheria Populnea - A very popular and fast growing native tree with serrated dark green leaves. Very attractive shelter or feature. Very hardy, fast growing and tolerant of a wide range of conditions. Produces masses of white flowers. Height 6 metres x Width 3m
- 20x Twiggy Tree Daisy - Olearia lineata dartonii - is an interesting and unusual shrub that is perfectly suited for planting in any challenging climate. Olearias, or 'Tree Daisies' as they are known, are generally suited to windy, coastal, drought prone and alpine locations. This ability to withstand a truly adverse range of conditions make them a wonderful group of trees and shrubs to plant in tough condiitons. Mature Height 5m
- 20x Coprosma Red Rock - This divaricating native plant with small needle-like orange-red foliage, is found naturally near coastlines throughout N.Z. The colour intensifies with colder temperatures. An excellent groundcover plant for hot, dry conditioins, on banks or as underplanting. Mature Height 60cm x Width 1.5m
- 20x Ribbonwood - Plagianthus Regius - A tall growing column tree with strong upward growth. It has a light airey appearance and forms strong vertical structure. A 'must have' for establishing new native garden, extremely fast growing and particularly useful for quickly establishing shelter. Withstands strong winds, tolerates wide range of conditions. Ideal in shelter belt. Mature Height 10m
20x Scented Tree Daisy - Olearea Odorata - Scented Tree Daisy - Small native shrub with itneresting interlacing divaricating branches. It has small light green leaves and produces masses of white, highly scented, daisy flowers. Very tough withstanding win, drought, alpine or coastal conditions. Mature height 2m x wdith 1m.
Suitable for Coastal, Alpine, or anything between. Dry, windy, hot, poor soil, these plants will take a beating! Note. All plants will need care when getting established, ie. they will need water and protection to establish, but once established they will be tough as nails!
These are our standard size in 7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 1 carton for shipping) - see shipping info here
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
Very sutiable for Central Otago, Queenstown, Wanaka, Hawea, Roxburgh, Cromwell, Alexandra, Mackenzie Country, Twizel, Omarama, Tekapo, Arthurs Pass, Lewis Pass, Hanmer, Methven, Mid Canterbury, Geraldine, Mountains, Central Plateau, Rotorua, Ohakune
We Also Recommend