100x Tough as Nails - $5.99 each
Wondering what to plant in your dry, windswept, ghastly spot in the garden? Or, just looking for tough natives that are easycare and will look great as a hedge, shelter belt or screen in any challenging conditions? This is the pack for you. A mix of tough natives that will thrive in almost any conditions, will look great with minimal care and will withstand a battering from the elements.
20x Chatham Island Ake Ake - Olearia Traversii - is a very tough and hardy shrubby tree. Being part of the Olearia family Chatham Island Ake Ake is especially suited for a range of tough conditions such as coastal plantings, alpine situations and anywhere that experiences drought and strong wind. It has bright green leaves, with white underside. The new stems are also white giving the overall shrub a bright light colour. The foliage is tough and leathery, ideal for tolerating strong winds.
- 20x Mingi Mingi - Coprosma Propinqua - Stiff bushy shrub, with very small leaves, and interesting divaricating interlacing dark branches. Produces masses of blue/white berries that are very attactive to birds. Very tough withstanding strong winds, cold conditions, coastal and alpine. Height 2m x Width 80cm
- 20x Corokia Bronze Knight - Hardy shrub with dark green/bronze foliage, deepening in winter. Excellent as hedge or single plant in coastal, dry or frosty areas. Yellow starry flowers in summer and abundant red berries in autumn. Slender and compact. Hardy. Mature Height 2m x Width 2m
20x Lacebark - Hoheria Populnea - A very popular and fast growing native tree with serrated dark green leaves. Very attractive shelter or feature. Very hardy, fast growing and tolerant of a wide range of conditions. Produces masses of white flowers. Height 6 metres x Width 3m
- 20x Golden Ake Ake or Akiraho - Olearia Paniculata - Tolerant of very dry conditions, and interesting colour make this an essential for dry gardens. Keep clipped for compact form, perfect for hedgeing, shelter belt or feature shrub. Ensure well drained site. h 2m - 4m. (But clip to any height for hedge). Plant 80cm-1m for hedging or 1.5-2m apart for shelter belt.
Suitable for Coastal, Alpine, or anything between. Dry, windy, hot, poor soil, these plants will take a beating! Note. All plants will need care when getting established, ie. they will need water and protection to establish, but once established they will be tough as nails!
These are our standard size in 7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 1 carton for shipping) - see shipping info here
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
FREE LOCAL SHIPPING TO BALCLUTHA, KAITANGATA, MILTON, MOSGIEL, BRIGHTON, DUNEDIN, OAMARU, PALMERSTON, QUEENSTOWN, CROMWELL, ARROWTOWN, WANAKA, ALEXANDRA, TE ANAU, GORE, LUMSDEN, MATAURA, WINTON, TUATAPERE INVERCARGILL, BLUFF, EDENDALE, OHAI, NIGHTCAPS, WYNDHAM, OTAUTAU, RIVERTON, WALLACETOWN (URBAN ONLY, ORDERS OVER $99)
Very sutiable for Central Otago, Queenstown, Wanaka, Hawea, Roxburgh, Cromwell, Alexandra, Mackenzie Country, Twizel, Omarama, Tekapo, Arthurs Pass, Lewis Pass, Hanmer, Methven, Mid Canterbury, Geraldine, Mountains, Central Plateau, Rotorua, Ohakune
We Also Recommend