100x Tough as Nails Combo - $4.19 each
Wondering what to plant in your dry, windswept, ghastly spot in the garden? Or, just looking for tough natives that are easycare and will look great as a hedge, shelter belt or screen in any challenging conditions? This is the pack for you. A mix of tough natives that will thrive in almost any conditions, will look great with minimal care and will withstand a battering from the elements.
- 20x Lacebark - Hoheria Populnea - A very popular and fast growing native tree with serrated dark green leaves. Very attractive shelter or feature. Very hardy, fast growing and tolerant of a wide range of conditions. Produces masses of white flowers. Height 6 metres x Width 3m
- 20x Mountain Ake Ake - Olearia Avicenniafolia - An attractive shrub or small tree with large thick shiny leaves, green on top and white underneath. Produces masses of small daisy-like flowers. Mature Height 3m x Width 2m
- 20x Purple Coprosma - Coprosma cunninghamii purple - A tough and hardy shrub with bold bronze purple colouring and vigourous growth. This shrub will thrive in most conditions and grows very quickly making it useful for establishing a hedge or shelter quickly. Bears berries attractive to birds. Can be clipped into an interesting hedge or allowed to grow freely will become a dense medium sized shrub. Withstands harsh conditions, poor soil, wind and dry conditions.
- 20x Lemonwood - Pittosporum Eugenoides - Excellent larger growing shrub with large yellow green leaves. Fast growing and extremely adaptable to a wide range of soil and conditions, making it perfect for quickly establishing shelter. Very attractive to birds. Mature Height up to 5m, but clip at any height.
- 20x Twiggy Tree Daisy - Olearia lineata dartonii - is an interesting and unusual shrub that is perfectly suited for planting in any challenging climate. Olearias, or 'Tree Daisies' as they are known, are generally suited to windy, coastal, drought prone and alpine locations. This ability to withstand a truly adverse range of conditions make them a wonderful group of trees and shrubs to plant in tough condiitons. Mature Height 5m
Suitable for Coastal, Alpine, or anything between. Dry, windy, hot, poor soil, these plants will take a beating! Note. All plants will need care when getting established, ie. they will need water and protection to establish, but once established they will be tough as nails!
These are our standard size in 7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 1 carton for shipping) - see shipping info here
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
FREE LOCAL SHIPPING TO BALCLUTHA, KAITANGATA, MILTON, MOSGIEL, BRIGHTON, DUNEDIN, OAMARU, PALMERSTON, QUEENSTOWN, CROMWELL, ARROWTOWN, WANAKA, ALEXANDRA, TE ANAU, GORE, LUMSDEN, MATAURA, WINTON, TUATAPERE INVERCARGILL, BLUFF, EDENDALE, OHAI, NIGHTCAPS, WYNDHAM, OTAUTAU, RIVERTON, WALLACETOWN (URBAN ONLY, ORDERS OVER $99)
Very sutiable for Central Otago, Queenstown, Wanaka, Hawea, Roxburgh, Cromwell, Alexandra, Mackenzie Country, Twizel, Omarama, Tekapo, Arthurs Pass, Lewis Pass, Hanmer, Methven, Mid Canterbury, Geraldine, Mountains, Central Plateau, Rotorua, Ohakune
We Also Recommend