100x Tough & Twisted Combo - $4.39 each
This pack embraces New Zealand plants that are unconventional, different and very cool and showcases a look that is uniqely New Zealand while at the same is amoungst the toughest selection of plants you could possible plant.
A selection of the toughest natives around, chosen for their toughness and ability to withstand most conditons. Not only is this selection tough as nails, it will also look amazing with the very strong textures, colours and forms that come from being such tough plants. Contains several 'twisted' varieties of divaricating shrubs that are trending now in designer gardens. These will look amazing at your place, and they will last the conditions.
These plants are essentials for any alpine garden, not only for survival but to maintain the uniqueness of our alpine environment. Also very suitable for coastal, cold, windy, poor soil and dry gardens. Very suitable for modern landscapes.
The pack is made as follows:
- 20x Shrubby Tororaro - Muelenbeckia Astonii - Distinctive and unique bush. It is leafless in winter. It has a great number of fine reddish brown to reddish orange branches that zigzag with one another to form a dense ball. It has very small heart-shaped leaves (only a few millimetres) that grow in clusters of 2 or 3, or alternate along the longer branchlets. Very nice. Mature Height 1.5m x Width 1.5m
- 20x Purple Ake Ake - Dodonea Viscosa Purple - is a stunning NZ native feature tree or hedge. The colour is a deep dark purple-red. The colour varies depending on climate, soil type and conditions. It seems to thrive in poor conditions, producing some of it's best colouring in poor soil and dry conditions. All the colour variations are spectacular from bright vivid red, to deep dark maroon-purple. Mature height 7m
- 20x Twiggy Tree Daisy - Olearia lineata dartonii - is an interesting and unusual shrub that is perfectly suited for planting in any challenging climate. Olearias, or 'Tree Daisies' as they are known, are generally suited to windy, coastal, drought prone and alpine locations. This ability to withstand a truly adverse range of conditions make them a wonderful group of trees and shrubs to plant in tough condiitons. Mature Height 5m
20x Scented Tree Daisy - Olearea Odorata - Small native shrub with itneresting interlacing divaricating branches. It has small light green leaves and produces masses of white, highly scented, daisy flowers. Very tough withstanding win, drought, alpine or coastal conditions. Mature height 2m x wdith 1m.
20x Corokia Bronze Knight - Hardy shrub with dark green/bronze foliage, deepening in winter. Excellent as hedge or single plant in coastal, dry or frosty areas. Yellow starry flowers in summer and abundant red berries in autumn. Slender and compact. Hardy. Mature Height 2m x Width 2m
These are our standard size in 7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 2 cartons for shipping) - see shipping info here
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
Very sutiable for Central Otago, Queenstown, Wanaka, Hawea, Roxburgh, Cromwell, Alexandra, Mackenzie Country, Twizel, Omarama, Tekapo, Arthurs Pass, Lewis Pass, Hanmer, Methven, Mid Canterbury, Geraldine, Mountains, Central Plateau, Rotorua, Ohakune
We Also Recommend