100x Tough & Twisted Combo - $4.69 each
This pack embraces New Zealand plants that are unconventional, different and very cool and showcases a look that is uniqely New Zealand while at the same is amoungst the toughest selection of plants you could possible plant.
A selection of the toughest natives around, chosen for their toughness and ability to withstand most conditons. Not only is this selection tough as nails, it will also look amazing with the very strong textures, colours and forms that come from being such tough plants. Contains several 'twisted' varieties of divaricating shrubs that are trending now in designer gardens. These will look amazing at your place, and they will last the conditions.
These plants are essentials for any alpine garden, not only for survival but to maintain the uniqueness of our alpine environment. Also very suitable for coastal, cold, windy, poor soil and dry gardens. Very suitable for modern landscapes.
The pack is made as follows:
- 20x Shrubby Tororaro - Muelenbeckia Astonii - Distinctive and unique bush. It is leafless in winter. It has a great number of fine reddish brown to reddish orange branches that zigzag with one another to form a dense ball. It has very small heart-shaped leaves (only a few millimetres) that grow in clusters of 2 or 3, or alternate along the longer branchlets. Very nice. Mature Height 1.5m x Width 1.5m
- 20x Coprosma Lobster - A tough colourful and interesting alpine shrub with very tangled bright orange new growth. Bears berries attractive to birds. Can be clipped into an interesting hedge or allowed to grow freely will become a medium sized shrub. Height 2m
- 20x Corokia Yellow Wonder - a medium sized native shrub with interesting colour and form. It is very tough and hardy, making it particularly suitable for conditions ranging from coast to alpine. Becomes covered in masses of yellow berries in summer, particularly attractive to native birds. Mature Height 3m x Width 2m
- 20x Coin Leaved Bush Daisy - Olearia Nummularifolia - A very different tree daisy that dense twiggy growth and small spoon shaped yellowish green leaves, with buff undersides. It is a tough subalpine shrub, happy in dry open situations, perfect for an interesting low maintenance tough hedge. Mature h 1.5 m x w 1m
20x Coprosma Kirkii - A hardy strong growing sprawling ground cover shrub that is very tolerant of a wide range of conditions, including drought and cold. Being a strong grower it is useful to cover a large area. Berries very attractive to birds. Mature Height 50cm x Width 1m
These are our standard size in 7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 2 cartons for shipping) - see shipping info here
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
Free local shipping to Balclutha, Kaitangata, Milton, Mosgiel, Brighton, Dunedin, Oamaru, Palmerston, Queenstown, Cromwell, Arrowtown, Wanaka, Alexandra, Te Anau, Gore, Lumsden, Mataura, Winton, Tuatapere Invercargill, Bluff, Edendale, Ohai, Nightcaps, Wyndham, Otautau, Riverton, Wallacetown (urban only, orders over $99)
Very sutiable for Central Otago, Queenstown, Wanaka, Hawea, Roxburgh, Cromwell, Alexandra, Mackenzie Country, Twizel, Omarama, Tekapo, Arthurs Pass, Lewis Pass, Hanmer, Methven, Mid Canterbury, Geraldine, Mountains, Central Plateau, Rotorua, Ohakune
We Also Recommend