100x Tough & Twisted Combo - $5.99 each
This pack embraces New Zealand plants that are unconventional, different and very cool and showcases a look that is uniqely New Zealand while at the same is amoungst the toughest selection of plants you could possible plant.
A selection of the toughest natives around, chosen for their toughness and ability to withstand most conditons. Not only is this selection tough as nails, it will also look amazing with the very strong textures, colours and forms that come from being such tough plants. Contains several 'twisted' varieties of divaricating shrubs that are trending now in designer gardens. These will look amazing at your place, and they will last the conditions.
These plants are essentials for any alpine garden, not only for survival but to maintain the uniqueness of our alpine environment. Also very suitable for coastal, cold, windy, poor soil and dry gardens. Very suitable for modern landscapes.
The pack is made as follows:
- 20x Shrubby Tororaro - Muelenbeckia Astonii - Distinctive and unique bush. It is leafless in winter. It has a great number of fine reddish brown to reddish orange branches that zigzag with one another to form a dense ball. It has very small heart-shaped leaves (only a few millimetres) that grow in clusters of 2 or 3, or alternate along the longer branchlets. Very nice. Mature Height 1.5m x Width 1.5m
- 20x Coin Leaved Bush Daisy - Olearia Nummularifolia - A very different tree daisy that dense twiggy growth and small spoon shaped yellowish green leaves, with buff undersides. It is a tough subalpine shrub, happy in dry open situations, perfect for an interesting low maintenance tough hedge. Mature h 1.5 m x w 1m
20x Golden Tree Daisy - Olearia Solandri - A nice shrub with small green-yellow leaves. It is good for fast-growing shelter and hedging in dry situations or exposed windy sites. Produces masses of small white flowers in late summer which have a vanilla scent. Very hardy. Mature Height 3m x Width 2m
- 20x Mingi Mingi - Coprosma Propinqua - Stiff bushy shrub, with very small leaves, and interesting divaricating interlacing dark branches. Produces masses of blue/white berries that are very attactive to birds. Very tough withstanding strong winds, cold conditions, coastal and alpine. Height 2m x Width 80cm
20x Corokia Sun Splash - An odd shrub with a wispy look, small, elongated leaves are variegated with sage green, yellow, silver and pink provide a glowing golden look from a distance. Branches are composed of wiry, twisty, slightly contorted stems that look great in a vase! Plant up against a wall where its unusual texture can be appreciated. Makes a great hedge or screen where colour and brightness are required. Evergreen, small yellow flowers in spring, sun to light shade, well drained soil, average water, good in pot. Mature Height 2m x Width 2m.
These are our standard size in 7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 2 cartons for shipping) - see shipping info here
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
Free local shipping to Balclutha, Kaitangata, Milton, Mosgiel, Brighton, Dunedin, Oamaru, Palmerston, Queenstown, Cromwell, Arrowtown, Wanaka, Alexandra, Te Anau, Gore, Lumsden, Mataura, Winton, Tuatapere Invercargill, Bluff, Edendale, Ohai, Nightcaps, Wyndham, Otautau, Riverton, Wallacetown (urban only, orders over $99)
Very sutiable for Central Otago, Queenstown, Wanaka, Hawea, Roxburgh, Cromwell, Alexandra, Mackenzie Country, Twizel, Omarama, Tekapo, Arthurs Pass, Lewis Pass, Hanmer, Methven, Mid Canterbury, Geraldine, Mountains, Central Plateau, Rotorua, Ohakune
We Also Recommend