1000x Riparian Combo - $2.99 each
1000x well grown NZ Natives suitable for sorting your riparian or water margin plantings with a minimum of fuss. All have been chosen for their toughness, fast growth and ability to tolerate a wide range of harsh conditions.
Plant North side of stream so plants shade the stream. The pack is perfect for riparian plantings on any water margins or marginal strip. Suitable for river or stream side, wetlands, duck pond, gulleys or any wet area of the farm. Would also be suitable for mixed shelter, lanes, roadside, turn around etc. Suitable for any farm plantings or native restoration projects you want to sort quickly and easily.
The pack is made up as follows:
- 100x Lemonwood - Pittosporum Eugenoides - Excellent larger growing shrub with large yellow green leaves. Fast growing and extremely adaptable to a wide range of soil and conditions, making it perfect for quickly establishing shelter. Very attractive to birds. Mature Height up to 5m, but clip at any height.
- 100x Scented Tree Daisy - Olearea Odorata - Small native shrub with itneresting interlacing divaricating branches. It has small light green leaves and produces masses of white, highly scented, daisy flowers. Very tough withstanding win, drought, alpine or coastal conditions. Mature height 2m x wdith 1m.
100x Twiggy Tree Daisy - Olearia lineata dartonii - is an interesting and unusual shrub that is perfectly suited for planting in any challenging climate. Olearias, or 'Tree Daisies' as they are known, are generally suited to windy, coastal, drought prone and alpine locations. This ability to withstand a truly adverse range of conditions make them a wonderful group of trees and shrubs to plant in tough condiitons. Mature Height 5m
100x Kohuhu - Pittosporum Tenuifolium - Black Matipo - Fast growing and extremely adaptable shrub that is both ornamental and suitable for shelter hedging or feature. Good form, dense foliage and fragrant flowers make Pittosporums a well loved favorite. Adaptable to a wide range of soil and conditions. Mature height 3-5m (but clip at any height) Plant 80cm - 1m apart for hedging or 1.5-3m apart for shelter belt.
100x NZ Cabbage Tree - Cordyline Australis - A 'must have' NZ Tree with very distincitive strap like leaves, upright in the centre and drooping on the outside, formed into unusual heads on crooked branches. Very hardy native tree suitable for most conditions. Tolerant of wind, full sun and drought, wet/swampy conditions, frost once established. Excellent shelter in windswept, coastal or alpine areas (mix with flaxes). Mature Height 3-5m
100x Mountain Flax - Phormium Cookianum (Green Form) - A beautiful medium growing flax with drooping habit and lush green foliage. Large dramatic flower heads add interest and attract birds. Very tough and hardy suitable for farm shelter, alpine, cold, coastal, and windy conditions. Height 1.2m x width 1.5 m
- 200x South Island Toetoe - Cortaderia Richardii - Large growing and distinctive grass that forms a large clump of tough foliage and majestic flower spikes up to 3m tall. Very tough, hardy and fast growing withstanding strong winds, cold conditions, drought and coastal conditions. Height 1.5m x width 1.5m
200x Giant Rush - Juncus Pallidus - Strong fast growing tall rush, forming dense clumps of pale blue green foliagewell suited to larger scale plantings in wetlands and riparian areas, great establishment and regeneration plant. Mature height 1m x width 50cm
These are our standard size in 7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is 16 cartons for shipping) - see shipping info here
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
Riparian, Pond, Stream, Wetlands
Meets criteria for billion trees program/Government funding
Riparian Combo deal
We Also Recommend