50x Bird Lovers Combo - $4.99 each
Listing is for 50x NZ Native trees and shrubs suitable for attracting, feeding and sheltering native birds. Coprosma feature strongly as the berries are a favorite of birds and having several varieties promotes a longer feeding season. Also featureing other bird favorites considered essential for attracting and feeding the birds. This pack would also be great to revitalise and enhance riparian strips, or plant as a tough and colour mixed native shelter belt or native shrubbery.
The pack is made as follows:
- 10x Red Stemmed Coprosma - An interesting divaricating twiggy shrub, with reddish brown stems and small leaves. A nice medium sized shrub, very tough in all conditions and produces berries that are very attractive to birds. Makes an itneresting and different hedge. Mature Height 3m x Width 1m.
- 10x Corokia Yellow Wonder is a medium sized native shrub with interesting colour and form. It is very tough and hardy, making it particularly suitable for conditions ranging from coast to alpine. It becomes covered in masses of yellow flowers in summer and autumn, very attractive to birds. Mature height 3m x Width 2m
- 10x Totara - Podocarpus Totara - An extremely attractive grand feature tree. Excellent as a single feature tree or in group plantings. Very suitable to clip for a premium long lasting hedge. Extremely hardy. Evergreen. Eventually grows massive but will take a long time, trim to keep smaller. Excellent food and habitat for birds.
- 10x Harakeke - Phormium Tenax Green - NZ Flax - One of New Zealand's most recognizable plants, a large growing green flax with upright habit. Large dramatic flower heads add interest and attract birds (Tuis and Bellbirds love it). Very hardy tolerating wind and cold conditions. Brilliant tough coastal, windy, farm or alpine shelter. Mature Height 1.5m x width 1.5 m
- 10x Needle Leaved Coprosma - Coprosma Rugosa - A tough colourful and interesting alpine shrub with very tangled orange-brown twiggy new growth. Bears blue berries attractive to birds. Can be clipped into an interesting hedge or allowed to grow freely will become a medium sized shrub. Mature Height 2m x Width 1.5m
These are our standard size in 5-7cm square pots.
See pictures of example plant next to ruler to get an idea of actual size.
* Shipping charge applies (this is one carton for shipping) - see shipping info here
* Free shipping vouchers and other offers do not apply
* Save price indicates savings over purchasing individually
* For immediate despatch only
*only while stocks last
We Also Recommend